Our skin health depends on various factors such as genetics, lifestyle choices and even the climate we live in. While the rainy season brings us relief from the summer heat, it also increases humidity in the atmosphere. This seasonal shift deeply affects our skin’s appearance and functioning for a few months. Let’s understand the different skin concerns that occur during monsoon and learn how to design an organic skin care routine to tackle them.
What Effect Does the Monsoon Weather Have on Different Skin Types?
Normal To Dry Skin
Normal skin and dry skin experience slightly more sebum production this season than usual. But if you cleanse or exfoliate frequently, your skin can become dehydrated and irritated.
Oily To Combination Skin
Oily skin and combination skin produce even more oil in a humid climate and are more prone to breakouts too.
Sensitive skin is more prone to getting rashes and bug bites this season.
Best Organic Skin Care Routine for Your Skin Type This Monsoon
Step 1 - Cleansing
Normal To Dry Skin - Use a mild face wash in the morning. Use a cleansing balm at night to remove sunscreen and makeup effectively.
Oily To Combination Skin - Double cleanse twice a day to remove buildup from your skin. Use organic rosehip oil to dissolve makeup, sunscreen and sebum on your face. Wipe it off with a soft, damp cloth. Follow with an antibacterial foaming cleanser.
- Sensitive Skin - Use Bulgarian rose water with cotton to clean your face in the morning. Massage cold-pressed hemp seed oil to dissolve makeup and sunscreen on your skin at night. Wipe it off with a soft, damp cloth. Follow with a fragrance-free cleanser.
Step 2 - Toning
Mist your skin with natural flower water to keep your skin’s pH level balanced.
Step 3 - Exfoliating
Use a gentle face scrub once a week to keep your pores clear and your skin soft and smooth.
Step 4 - Face Mask
Use a brightening face mask 1-2 times a week to get even-toned, glowing skin.
Step 5 - Treatment
Step 6 - Moisturising
- Normal To Dry Skin - Apply cold-pressed rosehip oil to keep your skin moisturised during the day, and an organic facial oil to moisturise at night.
- Oily To Combination Skin - Use organic aloe vera gel to hydrate your skin all day long.
- Sensitive Skin - Use cold-pressed rosehip oil day and night to keep your skin moisturised.
Step 7 - Sun Care
Use broad spectrum sunscreen on your skin during the daytime even if it's cloudy outside. Choose a lightweight or nourishing formula according to your skin type.
Skin Care Tips and Do’s and Don’ts for This Monsoon
- Cleanse your skin twice a day to remove excess oil.
- Exfoliate your skin weekly to prevent clogged pores and acne.
- Change your pillowcases often and sanitise your phone screen daily to prevent pimples.
- Wash your hands before touching your face.
- Do not go overboard with cleansing, scrubbing or using clay masks. It can trigger oil production in oily skin and cause dehydration in dry skin.
- Do not poke or squeeze pimples. This can cause scarring.
- Do not scratch bug bites. This can irritate your skin barrier. Use aloe vera gel to soothe bug bites and keep your nails short if you feel tempted to scratch.
- Don’t skip sunscreen because ultraviolet rays are present even on cloudy days.
Top Juicy Chemistry Organic Skin Care Products to Buy This Monsoon
Hemp, Tea Tree and Neem Face Wash is made with saponified plant oils that cleanse gently, control breakouts and clear your skin.
Aloe Vera Gel is made with organic aloe vera juice. It provides lightweight, non-greasy hydration that lasts all day long.
Vitamin C Brightening Serum is made with kakadu plum cellular extract, a naturally rich source of vitamin C. It prevents dullness and gives you an even skin tone.
BHA Clarifying Serum is made with willow bark cellular extract that is rich in salicin, a compound that helps reduce acne and soothe inflammation.
Your skin experiences different concerns during monsoon. Oily skin and combination skin often appears more greasy, and sensitive skin and dry skin can feel more irritated.
Using an organic skin care routine that caters to your skin’s changing needs this season can give you clear, supple skin and promote a healthy barrier function.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can dry skin use BHA serum?
Yes. Dry skin can also feel congested and get pimples. Our BHA Clarifying Serum can be used on all skin types to control breakouts.
How to control oiliness on my face?
Follow an organic skin care routine for oily skin twice a day to keep excess oil at bay. Use a natural dusting powder at the end of your routine to absorb excess sebum.