Easy Tips To Keep Your Baby’s Skin Healthy
The arrival of a baby is a stressful and exhilarating experience at the same time. When your baby comes into the world, you want to shield them from all harm that may come their way. You pay extra attention to their diet and make sure they get everything they need on time.
A baby’s skin care routine is as important as their diet and overall well being. A newborn’s skin is super delicate, and hence it needs to be nourished and pampered every day to keep it healthy and supple.
Importance Of Mild And Natural Products For Babies
A baby’s skin barrier continues to develop during its first year. Hence, it is vital to introduce only gentle and soothing baby products for skincare. Natural baby skin care products with ingredients like plant butters and oils are gentle on the skin and help soothe inflammation. They also help strengthen your baby's skin barrier and keep it moisturised throughout the day.
The best organic baby skin care products are made with nourishing ingredients and are a good alternative to conventional baby products. Organic formulations are gentle on the skin, as well as sustainable for the planet.
The Importance Of Skin Care For Babies
Many people think that a baby’s skin is perfect and may not need any special care. This is a myth. From diaper rashes, eczema to dryness, their skin can get irritated quickly. So using the right newborn baby skin care products and establishing a proper baby skin care routine should always be a priority.
This ensures your baby’s skin feels soft and smooth to touch due to emollients present in organic baby skin products. Also, natural oils form a protective barrier that shields your baby’s soft skin and prevents moisture-loss.
Baby Skin Care Home Remedies / Baby Skin Care Tips
- Make a homemade ubtan with ingredients like oats, gram flour and turmeric to cleanse your baby’s skin once a week (always do a patch test first).
- Bathing too often can leave your baby’s skin dry. So bathe your baby only once a day with lukewarm water, especially for baby skin care in winter months.
- Use cold-pressed oils to keep your baby’s skin moisturised.
- Choose only gentle and hydrating baby products for his/her skin care routine.
- Limit the use of scented and artificially coloured baby skin products.
- Change diapers frequently to avoid rashes and use a diaper rash cream to form a protective layer.
- Dress your baby in comfortable, soft, airy clothes to avoid any heat rashes.
- If irritation or rashes persist, consult your paediatrician regarding the next steps.
A Step-By-Step Guide For Baby Skin Care Routine
The ‘less is more’ approach is key to creating a healthy skin care routine for newborns. The fewer the steps involved, the better. So choose your baby skin care products accordingly.
Step 1: Cleanse Gently
This is the first and most important step for a newborn baby’s skin care routine. Choose a cleanser that is gentle and doesn’t strip the skin of its natural moisture, like cold pressed soaps or body washes that are made with natural soothing ingredients.
Apply a small quantity of cleanser and massage it all over your baby’s body paying special attention to hands and feet. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat skin dry with a soft cloth.
Step 2: Moisturise Daily
To protect your baby’s soft, delicate skin from dryness, apply a rich and nourishing baby cream. Massage the cream all over their body with gentle strokes and pay special attention to the elbows and knees.
Pick a moisturiser that is packed with plant butters and natural oils as they are loaded with nutrients and fatty acids that help soothe sensitive skin.
Best Organic Baby Skin Care Products In India With Juicy Chemistry
Rosehip, Coconut & Calendula Diaper Rash Balm is a nourishing balm that soothes your baby’s irritated skin and moisturises deeply.
Mango, Argan & Shea Butter Baby Cream is a deeply nourishing body butter that keeps your baby’s delicate skin soft and supple.
- Avocado, Coconut & Olive Gentle Head To Toe Baby Wash is a mild body wash that gently cleanses your baby’s skin leaving it hydrated.
Aloe, Calendula & Shea Baby Soap is a superfatted cold pressed soap formulated especially for a baby’s delicate skin to keep it healthy and nourished.
- Almond, Calendula & Vitamin E Baby Massage Oil is a nourishing massage oil that improves skin texture and moisturises dry skin and scalp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should baby products be patch tested?
Yes. Before introducing any product in your baby’s routine, apply it to a small area of skin and watch out for any signs of skin irritation in the next 24 hours.
At what age can JC organic baby soap be used?
Some parents start using our baby soap on their baby’s skin after he/she is 40 days old. Patch test it first and don’t use it near their eyes since it is not a no-tears formula.
Do Juicy Chemistry baby products have fragrance?
No. We do not add essential oils or fragrances to any of our baby skin care products.
Can adults use baby skincare products?
Yes. Since our Junior Care range is formulated for sensitive skin, even adults can benefit from it.