Effective Tips to Protect Your Hair During Monsoon and Best Organic Hair Products to UseAugust 26, 2022
Have you noticed more hair falling out since the monsoon began? Increased hair fall is a common hair complaint during the rainy season. So you need to find the right organic hair products and a healthy routine to protect your hair.
Why Does Hair Fall Occur In Monsoon?
According to a study, hair fall is higher during monsoons due to the evolution of the hair growth cycle. A head full of hair is needed to stay warm during winters so our hair doesn't shed as much during colder months.
But as the day gets longer and warmer in summer, the telogen phase sets in and the hair strand is released while a new one starts growing in its place.
Hair fall during monsoon may also be caused by hormonal changes triggered by high temperatures and sun exposure during summers. Dust, sweat and oil may also accumulate on the scalp along with haircare products leading to residue buildup that leads to more hair fall.
And sometimes, increased humidity can also dry the scalp leaving the follicles weak and deprived of nutrients.
Hair Care Tips For Different Hair Concerns
Keep Your Scalp Clean:
The best way to keep your scalp healthy during monsoon is by shampooing your hair at least 2-3 times a week regularly. Pick a gentle organic shampoo that removes dirt and excess oils from the scalp without stripping away moisture.
Use A Nourishing Hair Oil
Hair oils are the best organic hair products to strengthen your hair and reduce hair fall. The nourishing plant oils and botanical extracts provide essential nutrients required to curb hair fall during monsoon and can also boost new hair growth.
Avoid Tight Hairstyles
Since your hair strands are weak due to excess moisture, it is best to avoid tight hairstyles that put more strain on the hair roots. Instead, opt for loose braids or ponytails and brush your hair gently.
Eat A Nutrient-Rich Diet
What you eat determines how healthy and strong your hair will be. So add some more nutrient-rich foods to your diet to nourish your hair follicles from the inside. Eat more nuts, seeds, leafy greens, fruits and protein-rich foods to protect your hair during the monsoon.
Best Organic Hair Products For Monsoon From Juicy Chemistry
- Scalp Stimulating Serum: A serum with natural actives that activate the anagen phase of hair fall and stimulate blood circulation to prevent hair fall. It also soothes an inflamed scalp and improves hair density.
- Chilli, Horsetail and Black Seed Oil: A hair oil has clinically proven to increase hair growth by 356% and reduce hair fall by 64%. It soothes and nourishes the scalp while also promoting thicker, healthier hair.
- Marula, Argan and Lavender Hair Oil: A lightweight yet nourishing hair oil that softens hair, reduces frizz and boosts circulation to the scalp.
Some Additional Tips To Control Hair Fall
- Treat your hair with a deeply conditioning hair mask every week to soften and strengthen the hair.
- Use organic hair products that are formulated specifically for your scalp and hair type.
- Avoid over-washing your hair. Shampooing your hair 2-3 times a week is sufficient to keep the scalp clean.
- Don't skip hair Washes as the build-up can lead to more hair fall and dryness.
- Avoid scratching your scalp and opt for dandruff control products instead to relieve the itching.
- If hair fall is severe, consult a doctor to check if you have any hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, or medical disorders that could be responsible for hair fall.
- Avoid conventional hair colours that can damage your hair and opt for gentler organic hair colours that are plant-based.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase to avoid hair breakage while you sleep.
There is no need to worry about monsoon hair fall as it is mostly cyclical and will end in a few weeks. Use the right hair products and follow a healthy hair care regimen and your hair will regain its thickness and look luscious once again.
How much hair fall is normal during monsoon?
Losing 50-100 hair strands is considered to be normal as these are hair in the final phase of the hair growth cycle.
How long does hair fall during the monsoon last?
These vary from one individual to another but with a good diet and hair care routine, you should see a reduction in hair fall in 2-3 months.
Will organic hair products suit my hair?
Organic hair care products are gentle and made with nourishing ingredients that improve your scalp and hair health. But it is always advised to conduct a patch test first to check for any sensitivities or allergic reactions.