Your initial teenage years are the perfect time to understand the kind of care your skin needs and build a regime accordingly.
Here you will get to read about how to build a realistic natural skincare routine during your teen years and some tips for healthier skin.
Types Of Skin
There are a lot of hormonal changes that the body is going through during our teens. All these changes have an impact on the skin as it is trying to adapt to these new bodily functions. However, all skin types vary from one another. Let’s have a look at different skin types -
This skin type is neither too dry nor too oily. Therefore products that are moderately moisturizing are perfect for this skin type.
Those with dry skin often feel dry patches all over their face after cleansing. Moisturization becomes the most important step in the skincare routine of this skin type.
Oily skin tends to have excessive sebum production all over the face, compared to the other skin types. Therefore it requires products that help in balancing it by not letting the pores get clogged.
An oily T-Zone is a sign of combination skin. It's your forehead and nose that are oilier compared to the rest of your face. In that case you need to use products that have a combination of both oily and dry skin components.
Importance of Teen Skincare
Our body goes through a lot of changes during our teen years. Skincare is essential during this early phase to ensure the overall skins' health. It is necessary to understand one's skin type and have a suitable skincare regime which is effective and as per your individual skin.
Skin Problems Faced By Teenagers
Here are a few of the most common skin issues faced by teens:
Sometimes the hormonal changes in teenagers lead to acne formation. Acne comes with other skin-related problems such as excessive whiteheads and blackheads. The cheeks and forehead are the most common regions of the face that experience the appearance of acne.
Sweating is one of the common causes related to skin concerns. You must take notice if your teenage kid faces excessive sweating on their forehead, underarms, and palms – this may be because of overexposure to heat or stress.
In extremely hot weather, sunburn is a common skin concern amongst teenagers. This is when they spend most of their time outside which also makes them prone to tannin. This should be taken care of to prevent signs of long-term pigmentation.
Skincare Tips For Teens
Let us have a look at a few of the tips that would help you to bring some changes to your overall skins' health:
- Cleanse Well: Cleansing helps in removing all the unnecessary impurities, dead skin cells, and excessive oil from your skin. It is the first step of thoroughly cleaning your skin.
- Soothing Toner: Toner helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin. Some toners also have soothing properties that help to calm the skin.
- Moisturize thoroughly: Moisturization is very important and is necessary to give much-needed replenishment to your skin.
- Do not skip sunscreen: It is important that every time you step out, you apply a generous amount of sunscreen. Sunscreen protects you from UV rays damage and helps in preventing the appearance of pigmentation and other skin concerns.
Juicy Chemistry’s Products For Teenage Skin Care
- Identify your skin type and its concerns and then pick organic cleansers accordingly.
- You can try our hydrating toner which is extremely beneficial in controlling the pH levels of dry skin. In case you have more acne-prone skin, you can try our soothing toner which assists the concerns of this skin type
- As acne is a common skin problem for teens, it often leads to pigmentation. You can try one of our antioxidant-rich cold pressed oils which help in soothing acne-prone skin.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
What kind of food habits should be avoided for teenage skincare?
Any kind of sugar or processed foods should not be consumed too often. They might lead to some skin-related issues that can be avoided with a clean diet.
Does oily skin require moisturizing too?
Yes! Moisturizing your skin should not be skipped irrespective of your skin type. Moisturizer does the job of nourishing and repairing your skin. You can choose dry oils like cold-pressed hemp or rosehip seed oil if your skin is oily.
Are natural skincare products more effective?
Skincare works differently for different people. We recommend choosing what works best for you!