What are Hydrosols?
Hydrosols or floral waters are a co - product extracted along with essential oils from a plant through water / steam distillation. Flowers, leaves, fruits and other parts of the plants are distilled to extract essential oil (that contains the oil soluble constituents) and hydrosol (that contains the water soluble constituents). While both the essential oil and hydrosol have identical therapeutic properties, the latter have milder scents and are not as concentrated as its oil counterpart owing to their high water content. Therefore, floral waters are gentler on skin and can be used directly without any dilution.
How are JC Hydrosols made?
Our floral waters are extracted from purest, ethically sourced, certified organic ingredients employing the steam distillation method. As steam distillation requires a low boiling point as opposed to simple distillation, it reduces the decomposition of temperature sensitive compounds and ensures all the nutrients are intact in the end product.
How to use our Hydrosols?
For Face - use your favourite floral water post cleansing twice a day. You may also use it in between to instantly refresh and calm your skin.
For Hair - floral waters can be used to refresh and rejuvenate the scalp. Just spritz it directly onto the scalp and gently massage it in. Follow up with your favourite hair oil.
For the body - directly spritz it onto your hands and legs to instantly refresh the skin.
For detailed usage directions on how to use face toner, please refer to the demo video here!
7 Tips To Store Pure Hydrosols Properly
Organic hydrosols are fragile and subject to rapid degradation compared to their essential oil counterparts due to lower concentrations of antibacterial properties. That's why properly storing your pure floral waters is very crucial to increase their shelf-life.
Here are a few guidelines you must take care of -
- Store your bottles in a dark cool place away from any source of light as repeated exposure to sunlight or UV rays are especially damaging to hydrosols
- Always buy hydrosols in amber/cobalt glass bottles as they effectively block out damaging sunlight.
- Ensure that the bottle caps are shut tightly. It's imperative to make sure that the caps are not too loose as they may allow oxygen in.
- You can also refrigerate the hydrosols to keep them fresher for longer.
- Do not allow unsterilised objects to come in touch with your bottle nozzles such as your fingers or cotton balls to ensure the integrity of your hydrosols remains intact.
- Always keep a track of the manufacturing date and expected shelf life of the hydrosols and toss them out if they are expired.
- Lastly, always use your hydrosols as quickly as possible.
- We hope these tips help you get the maximum benefit from our organic hydrosols. Check out JC's complete range of EcoCert certified floral waters here.