Pimples are also known as acne and are an inflammatory skin condition. They are primarily caused due to accumulation of sebum, dirt and bacteria resulting in clogged pores. Triggered by the C. Acnes bacteria, it appears like zits on different parts of the face and body.
Causes of Pimples
Let us first understand the causes that lead to pimples:
- Hormones: The fluctuating hormone levels during our teenage years or pregnancy are a common cause of pimples. They trigger excessive sebum production leading to higher chances of clogged pores.
- Pollution: Weather conditions have a role to play in how your skin reacts. They often lead to the accumulation of dirt particles that can potentially clog the pores if not cleansed well and thereby result in pimples.
- Stress level: The body consists of a hormone called cortisol. When this hormone level gets increased due to stress or anxiety, it can lead to a pimple outbreak.
- Picking on blackheads and whiteheads: These two are mild types of pimples. When you forcefully squeeze them they can lead to inflammation.
- Wrong Products: It is important to understand your skin type and use the necessary skincare products. Using the wrong products with ingredients you are sensitive to may cause an acne breakout.
Ways to Avoid Getting Pimples
Read on to know some of the ways by which you can avoid getting pimples :
- Clean your face: It is the easiest way to get rid of all the dirt and impurities that your skin gathers all through the day. It is important you wash them off with a suitable cleanser so that its accumulation does not lead to pimples.
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!: As mentioned by experts, water has always been known to work wonders for your skins' health. Keep yourself hydrated to reduce the occurrence of frequent acne breakouts.
Avoid touching your face: Let your skin breathe. Constantly touching your skin is one of the many ways you transmit dirt to your face. The transference of this bacteria may as well contribute to pimple formation.
Do not pop your pimple: Pimple Marks are usually left behind if you end up picking on them. No matter how bad the urge is, never pick the acne as they may lead to stubborn marks.
- Diet: It is necessary to make some alterations in your food habits as they have a huge impact on your overall skins’ health. Take a professional’s guidance to understand the types of food that help you keep acne at bay and is good for your overall system.
Natural Ways to Get Rid Of Pimples
Here are some natural components that help control acne with gradual use:
- Tea Tree Oil: studies show how tea tree oil helps controlling and soothing pimples. This essential oil has antibacterial properties that effectively reduce inflammation. However, owing to its concentrated nature, it is not recommended to be applied directly to the skin. Mix 1 drop of tea tree oil and suitable carrier oil. Take a cotton ball and dab this mixture on the pimple.
- Avoid scalp build-up: Our scalp health also determines our skin’s health. Sometimes, the acne formation that takes place on the forehead due to dandruff or product buildup on the scalp or even hair care products that do not suit you. Our organic shampoos help remove buildup and also promote a healthy scalp.
- Green Tea: Other than having a myriad of health benefits – green tea is also beneficial for your skin. Green tea contains plant-based antioxidants such as tannins and flavonoids which help in reducing inflammation. It also contains an antioxidant named epigallocatechin-3-gallate which prevents sebum production and thus the chances of pimple formation. You can make a simple DIY – boil two green tea bags and mix the solution with one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Freeze it for a while and then dab the cube on your face. Once it dries, apply a suitable moisturizer.
Juicy Chemistry Products for Removing Pimples and Marks
- For oily skin types, you can try our Cucumber, Matcha & Spearmint Organic Soap. Its soothing properties help soothe acne and control sebum production. For dry skin, you can go for our Papaya, Apricot & Mandarin Organic Soap, it helps in gently cleaning and nourishing inflamed skin.
- To ensure a balanced pH level of your skin, try our Australian Tea Tree & Basil Water Toner. It has antibacterial properties that help combat acne and soothes skin inflammations.
- You can use our Cold Pressed Hemp Seed Carrier Oil as a facial oil directly which helps in moisturization and nourishment. If there is pigmentation or a pimple mark left - you can go for our Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Carrier Oil which helps in the overall improvement of the skins’ health.
- Our Frankincense and Hemp Facial Oil can be used as a spot treatment for active acne to help soothe the inflammation and nourish the skin.
Frequently asked questions
How to get rid of pimples overnight?
Acne requires time to subside, therefore we suggest that you stick to a suitable and simple skincare routine consistently to experience the best results.
How to get rid of pimples on the forehead?
Taking care of your scalp health is imperative. Use the right hair care products to keep your dandruff in check and avoid acne. We highly recommend you to consult a doctor if your acne does not subside with skincare.
How to remove pimples naturally and permanently?
Understand the cause behind a pimple outbreak. Pick a skincare routine and follow it consistently to help the acne subside. We highly recommend that you take a doctor’s help in case of recurring acne.