If you are trying to achieve stronger, shinier and thicker hair, there is one integral ritual you need to practice regularly-hair oiling. It is a centuries-old haircare practice that improves your hair health and protects it from damage.
While you may already be using hair oil in your routine, the results may seem to evade you. Why? Because not all hair oils are made equal. To get the desired benefits, you need an organic and natural hair oil made only with high-quality plant-based ingredients.
Benefits Of Using Organic Natural Hair Oil
Improves Scalp Health:
Natural and organic hair oils have several nutrients that are vital for healthy scalp health. They provide various vitamins, fatty acids, minerals, and antioxidants that are integral for soothing and nourishing the scalp and hair follicles.
Moisturizes Hair Strands:
Hair oils are rich in fatty acids that reduce dryness by forming a moisture barrier on hair strands. Some oils even penetrate the hair shaft to moisturize it from within which prevents frizz and hair breakage.
Prevents Hair Greying:
By nourishing your hair follicles with essential nutrients and antioxidants, natural hair oils also delay premature hair greying. Antioxidants like Vitamin C and E protect the hair follicle from oxidative stress inflicted by environmental factors that are a key cause of premature greying of hair.
Improves Hair Growth
One of the key benefits of oiling the scalp with natural oils is its ability to support healthy hair growth. It boosts blood circulation to the scalp and provides essential nutrients that prevent hair fall and promote new hair growth.
Offers Stress Relief
Natural hair oils are also enriched with essential oils which offer the benefits of aromatherapy. So the ritual of massaging the scalp with oil feels relaxing and will help lower your stress levels.
How Often Should I Oil My Hair?
You need to wash your hair after using hair oil. So ideally, you can oil your hair up to 1-3 times every week. It all depends on your scalp and hair type.
People with dry hair may need to oil their hair every time they wash it to avoid dryness. On the other hand, people with oily scalp may use it only once a week to avoid over-moisturising.
But as a rule of thumb, you should oil your hair at least once every week to nourish the scalp and the hair strands.
How To Apply Organic Natural Hair Oil Properly?
Once you have chosen a hair oil of your choice, conduct a patch test to check if it suits your skin before you start using it. Here are the steps for properly oiling your hair.
- Using a wide tooth comb, detangle your hair to remove any knots.
- Then take a small quantity of hair oil and start massaging it onto your scalp using gentle, circular strokes. You can divide your hair into sections to make the process easier and cover the scalp evenly.
- Make sure to apply some oil on your hair strands as well, especially the ends which are often dry.
- After you have oiled your hair, tie it in a loose ponytail and wait for at least an hour before washing your hair with a gentle shampoo. This will allow the oil to get absorbed properly. You may also leave it on overnight and wash your hair the next morning.
Top Juicy Chemistry Organic Natural Hair Oils
- Marula, Argan and Lavender Hair Oil: A lightweight, nourishing hair oil that softens dry hair and controls frizz. It also soothes the scalp, improves blood circulation, and deeply moisturizes the scalp.
- Chilli, Horsetail, and Black Seed Oil: A potent hair oil that soothes and nourishes the scalp. It is clinically proven to reduce hair fall by 64% and increase hair growth by 356%.
- Hibiscus, Amla, and Bhringaraj Hair Oil: A hair oil with a blend of powerful herbs that nourish and soothe the scalp. It helps prevent premature hair greying and improves overall scalp health.
- Sacha Inchi, Lemon and Peppermint Hair Oil: A lightweight hair oil that calms itchy, flaky, and dandruff-prone scalp. It moisturizes the scalp and promotes blood circulation while soothing inflammation.
All these JC hair oils are 100% natural and certified organic by Ecocert COSMOS as per cosmos V3 standards.
Oiling your hair and scalp with organic and natural hair oil is a great way to maintain a healthy scalp and soften hair. So, make hair oiling an integral part of your hair care routine to get stronger, thicker and healthy hair.
Why does more hair on the brush after applying hair oil?
It is normal to lose 50-100 strands every day. When you oil your hair, you may notice some hair fall out, but it is part of the normal hair shedding and growth cycle.
Is it okay to apply hair oil every day?
There is no need to oil your hair every day. Using it 1-3 times a week is enough to see results.
How long can you leave hair oil on your hair?
Leaving the hair oil for too long may attract dust. So, it is best to wash it off the next day.