Castor Oil For Beard Growth
Beard grooming is a common practice for those who desire a maintained and well-shaped beard. According to the latest beard trends, to ace your beard game, all you need to do is to keep it groomed. Whether your bread preference is a lumberjack or a stubble, knowing how to properly maintain it not only helps you look groomed, but also makes you feel confident. Organic castor oil is one such remedy that can take care of all your beard concerns!
Why Should You Use Castor Oil For Beard Growth?
Castor oil consists of up to 87% ricinoleic, 3% oleic, 4% linoleic and 1% stearic fatty acids, which makes it an excellent moisturiser for your beard.
Ricinoleic acid prevents skin irritation and inflammation, while linoleic and stearic acid protect your skin and hair from oxidative stress. Oleic acid present in cold pressed castor oil prevents early ageing of skin and hair.
Castor Oil Benefits For Hair And Beard
- Moisturises Beard Hair
The high concentrations of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids in organic castor oil work together to make your beard hair soft and healthy. According to a study, castor oil moisturises and lubricates your skin and hair to protect them from damage, dryness and friction.
- Promotes Beard Growth
- Prevents Skin Infections
Antimicrobial properties of cold pressed castor oil prevent skin infections and inflammation.
- Fights Dandruff
Linoleic acid present in castor oil has been proven extremely helpful in moisturising your skin and preventing dandruff, dryness, flaky skin and irritation.
- Detangles Beard Hair And Combats Frizz
Cold pressed castor oil is a natural remedy for detangling beard hair. A study found that castor oil makes your hair shine, softens rough hair and improves your overall hair texture.
- Protects Beard Against Premature Greying
Organic castor oil helps to maintain your beard’s natural pigment. Using it regularly can prevent premature greying of hair and beard.
How To Use Castor Oil For Beard Care?
- To Grow Beard -
- Use warm water and a gentle cleanser to clean your beard and the skin underneath it. After patting your beard dry, take 4-5 drops of cold pressed castor oil in your palm and rub your palms together to warm up the oil slightly.
- Start applying it to the roots and slowly reach the tips. Massage the oil in a circular motion to enhance blood circulation. You can use a beard comb to spread the oil evenly.
- Leave it overnight and wash off the excess oil the next morning. Repeat this process on alternate days.
- To Massage Beard -
- Clean your beard with a mild cleanser. Take a teaspoonful of organic jojoba oil and mix it with 3-5 drops of organic castor oil.
- Take the blend in your palm and rub your palms together to warm it up. Start using the oil on your beard.
- After massaging it well, dip a towel in hot water, wring it and put it on your face. Relax for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently pat your beard to remove any excess oil. Pat your face dry with a clean towel. Repeat this process twice a week to maintain a healthy beard.
- To Condition Beard -
- Mix one tablespoon of organic castor oil with one tablespoon of organic sweet almond oil and a drop of organic tea tree essential oil. Mix the ingredients well.
- Apply this mixture to your beard and massage well. Leave it for an hour. Wash your beard with a mild face wash. Repeat this process twice a week to condition your beard.
Things To Remember While Purchasing Castor Oil
- Organic Options Are Sustainable
Always prefer organic castor oil as it is gentle for your skin and hair, and also sustainable for the environment.
- Cold-Pressed Oils Are More Effective
There are many ways of extracting castor oil, but cold-pressed extraction technique gives the best castor oil. This ensures that all essential nutrients are retained in the oil.
- Glass Packaging Maintains Shelf Life
Ensure that your cold-pressed castor oil is packed in a dark blue or amber glass bottle to protect it against light and oxidation.
Things To Remember While Using Castor Oil
- Patch Test
Apply a few drops of castor oil near your hairline or jaw line. Observe the area for the next 24 hours. If you don’t see any signs of irritation, continue using the oil. If it's not suiting you, discontinue using it and consult a dermatologist. We recommend doing this with every new skin care or hair product you introduce to your routine.
- Little Goes A Long Way!
- Avoid Stains
Oil applications can stain your pillows and sheets. So make sure to wipe off excess oil from your beard if you plan to apply oil before sleeping.
Juicy Chemistry Cold Pressed Castor Oil
Juicy Chemistry Castor Oil is a certified organic and cold-pressed carrier oil. It is rich in omega- fatty acids that moisturise dry and dull skin, hair and beard. It controls hair loss, promotes beard and hair growth and repairs skin and hair damage.
View this post on Instagram
Frequently Asked Questions
Is castor oil suitable for all skin types?
Castor oil suits all skin types. However, we always recommend doing a patch test first.
Can I use castor oil on my beard every day?
We recommend using cold-pressed castor oil on your beard twice or thrice a week. However, 1-2 drops can be used as a beard serum at the end of your skin care routine every night.