Winter is finally here bringing us all a respite from hot, humid days. While we no longer have to deal with excessive oiliness or sweaty faces, winter brings its own skincare woes.
As the temperature and humidity levels drop, our skin turns dry and faces dehydration. Dryness makes our skin dull, itchy and more prone to irritation. So, it is important to use the right face care products during winter to protect your skin from the weather.
Here’s how you can avoid dryness and dehydration this winter.
How To Take Care of Your Face in Winter Naturally?
Since our skin loses more moisture during winter, there are two ways to keep it hydrated naturally. First is to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to ensure your skin is hydrated inside out. The second way is to avoid reducing moisture loss during cleansing by using a pure organic face wash every day.
A lot of facewashes tend to strip away moisture since they are made with harsh surfactants like sulfates. But a pure, organic face wash is made with nourishing ingredients that help retain the moisture within your skin. This helps prevents that tight, dry feeling you often experience after washing your face during winter.
Effective Face Care Routine to Follow in Winter1. Cleanse:
Start your cleansing routine with a pure organic face wash to gently cleanse away dirt and impurities. Massage it on wet skin for 20-30 seconds before rinsing with lukewarm water and patting the skin dry with a towel.
If you are wearing makeup, use a makeup remover to dissolve makeup before using a face wash to cleanse your skin.
Immediately after cleansing, use to toner hydrate your skin and
balance pH levels. Close your eyes and spray the toner from a few inches away. Gently pat it into the skin to improve absorption.
While your skin is still slightly damp from the toner, use a hydration serum to bind the moisture to the skin. Gently pat the product all over your skin and allow it a few seconds to absorb.
After applying a serum, use a moisturiser or facial oil to lock the moisture into the skin and form a protective barrier against environmental stressors. Take the required quantity and gently rub it into the skin using circular strokes.
Use sunscreen every morning as the last step of your skincare routine. Choose a sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection with at least SPF30 and apply it liberally all over your face and neck. Reapply it every few hours to continue protecting your skin if you are outdoors.
Once or twice a week, use a face scrub to gently slough away dead skin cells and get softer, smoother skin. After cleansing, gently massage the scrub on your face and neck for a few seconds before rinsing with water.
Tips to Keep Your Face Hydrated During Winter
- Avoid clarifying products and opt for hydrating and moisturizing skincare products instead.
- Apply your moisturiser on damp skin right after showering to seal the moisture into the skin.
- Use a humidifier in the room to prevent dryness.
- Avoid taking long showers and use either cold or lukewarm water for cleansing your face.
- Avoid sulfate-based facewashes and opt for gentler cleansers instead to retain moisture within the skin.
- Don’t forget to use a nourishing lip balm to protect your lips from dryness and chapping as well.
- Look for products with nourishing oils that have fatty acids to soften and moisturize your skin.
Top Juicy Chemistry Pure Organic Face Wash to Use in Winter
- Saffron, Marula and Ylang Ylang Face Wash: A gentle nourishing facewash that deep cleanses and brightens skin to improve softness and glow.
- Tamanu, Kakadu Plum and Frankincense Face Wash: A regenerating facewash that promotes even-toned skin and is clinically proven to improve skin radiance by 29.1%
- and promote even skin tone by 23.3%.
Hemp, Tea Tree and Neem Face Wash: A gentle face wash for acne-prone skin that cleanses skin without stripping away moisture and prevents breakouts.
All Juicy Chemistry products are certified organic by Ecocert France as per COSMOS V3 Standards.
Switch to pure, organic facewash right away to gently cleanse your skin every day and moisture afterwards to avoid dryness this winter.
How often should I cleanse my skin during winter?
You should cleanse your face only 1-2 times every day to get rid of dirt. Avoid cleansing your skin frequently throughout the day.
Do I need to wear sunscreen during winter?
Yes, sunscreen is a must for all seasons as it protects your skin from harmful damage caused by sun rays. So, use it as the last step of your skin routine.