Papaya For Skin: Benefits And How To Use
The papaya plant is a small tree with a single stem and sparsely branched leaves. Papaya trees originated in America and they were introduced to the rest of the world in the 16th century. However, India stands as the largest producer of papaya today. The papaya fruit has a myriad of benefits, from easing out the digestion process in our body to boosting the glow of our skin.
So many of us are already familiar with the benefits of using papaya on our skin because of our mothers and grandmothers. We often see them rubbing leftover papaya on their skin for its anti-ageing and brightening properties. Today, papaya extract is used in many natural and organic skin care blends for the same reasons. Let us learn more about the benefits of eating papaya and how to use it on our skin.
Benefits Of Eating Papaya For Skin Health
1. Gives Clear Skin -
Research suggests that eating papaya improves digestive health and aids in elimination. A healthy digestion and clean colon ensures that our skin remains clear from congestion and breakouts. Potassium in papaya supports kidney function by clearing accumulated toxins and reducing uric acid in the blood. This helps to improve skin clarity.
2. Provides Antioxidants -
Naturally occurring flavonoids found in papaya protect the skin against free radical damage. It is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C, which reduces hyperpigmentation, boosts glow and repairs tissue damage. Papaya contains a significant amount of provitamin A and Vitamin E which prevent age spots and reduce fine lines.
Benefits Of Applying Papaya On Skin1. Soothes Skin -
Papaya fruit and papaya leaves soothe and cool skin inflammation and irritation. They also promote skin repair and wound healing.
2. Prevents Fine Lines -
The antioxidants in papaya help in preventing age-related skin degeneration while promoting collagen synthesis in your skin.
3. Improves Complexion -
Papain enzyme present in papaya promotes blood circulation on your skin which helps to even out your skin tone and improve your complexion.
4. Clears Acne -
Papain enzyme present in papaya fruit is also known to provide antibacterial and antifungal benefits that minimise acne and infections.
5. Reduces Sun Damage -
Carotenoids like beta-carotene and lycopene found in papaya not only give the flesh its orange hue, but also reduce sun damage and dark spots.
Papaya Uses For Skin Care
Diy Facial Mask With Papaya For Anti-Aging
- 1 small piece of ripe papaya fruit
- 2 drops organic rosehip seed oil
- Mash up some fresh papaya in a bowl using the back of a fork.
- Add 2 drops of rosehip oil to it and mix well to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on clean skin. Massage the paste on your face and neck gently for a few seconds, and then leave the paste on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Papaya pulp will provide anti-aging benefits and moisturising properties to your skin. Rosehip seed oil will improve the appearance of fine lines and age spots.Diy Facial Mask With Papaya For Skin Pigmentation
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- Fresh papaya pulp
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Take 1 tablespoon gram flour or besan in a clean bowl.
- Add enough fresh papaya pulp to make a spreadable paste-like consistency.
- Mix in the turmeric. Do not add too much turmeric as it may stain your skin.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck, and leave it to dry.
- Once it dries, wet your skin with water, and rinse off the paste while massaging gently.
Papain enzyme present in papaya naturally exfoliates skin and removes dead skin cells while giving you a bright and even skin tone. Gram flour is a natural cleansing agent and also softens your skin’s texture. Due to this cleansing property of gram flour, this face mask can also be used as a natural papaya face wash in your morning or night time skin care routine.
Things To Note While Using Remedies With Papaya For Skin
- Substitute gram flour with oat flour to soothe sensitive skin.
- Half the papaya pulp can also be substituted with Juicy Chemistry Bulgarian Rose Water as it is clinically proven to improve your skin tone and brighten your complexion.
- Moisturise your skin after washing off the face pack to complete the regime.
- Patch test any new DIY recipe on your inner arm before applying it to your face.
- Discontinue using the product if you see any redness or sensitivity.
- Do not rub your skin excessively while removing masks from your face. It leads to skin tugging and irritation.
- Do not use stale papaya for masking. Natural ingredients work best when they are fresh.
- Freshly exfoliated skin is more prone to tanning, so do not step out in the sun right after using a face pack.
Juicy Chemistry Papaya, Apricot And Mandarin Soap
Juicy Chemistry's Papaya, Apricot and Mandarin Soap is a natural papaya soap that is handmade with saponified olive oil, shea butter and mango butter for gentle cleansing and nourishment. Apricot oil moisturises dry skin, papaya extract promotes skin repair and sweet orange essential oil imparts an even tone and radiant complexion.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some papaya soap benefits for skin?
Soaps made with organic papaya have natural exfoliating, brightening and moisturising properties. They help to clear your skin tone, prevent dryness and promote glow.
Which is the best papaya soap in India?
Choosing a soap or cleanser is a personal choice. A formula that is best for one person may not be best for another person. Your lifestyle, habits, environment, genes, etc. are also important points to consider in this case. Juicy Chemistry’s Papaya, Apricot And Mandarin Soap is made with certified organic ingredients and is dermatologically tested for safety and irritation.
Yes. Our natural soaps are handmade with organic plant oils that cleanse gently and leave the skin moisturised. They are gentle on your face as well as your body.
How often should I wash my face with papaya soap?
While less cleansing leads to congestion, excess cleansing causes dehydration. Hence, we recommend cleansing your face with our organic soap bars twice a day – in the morning and evening.
What is the papaya soap price?
Our Papaya, Apricot And Mandarin Soap weighs 100 grams, and it's priced at ₹550. Do check the Juicy Chemistry website to see ongoing offers or discounts.