We all wish to have even, glowing and healthy skin. However, due to various reasons, our skin can appear to be dull and may also develop pigmentation in parts of the skin leading to unclear or uneven skin tone.
Why do we get uneven skin?
There are various reasons behind why you might be experiencing an uneven skin tone. Let us have a look at them -
- Hormonal imbalance: Our body goes through a lot of hormonal changes, especially during our teens or pregnancy. Most often this kind of hormonal imbalance leads to an uneven skin tone.
- Sun damage: UV rays of the sun can damage the skin. When our skin is exposed to the sun, the naturally occurring melanin in our body increases to prevent any further damage. This is one of the common reasons that lead to more melanin production and thus uneven skin tone.
- Pollution: The number of dust particles that get accumulated on our skin due to air pollution can also lead to dull skin and pigmentation over time.
- Post-Inflammatory Pigmentation: This kind of skin condition takes place due to the scarring caused by acne, wounds, or burns.
- Medication: Certain medications can have side effects that cause pigmentation on the skin.
Natural Remedies that can reduce uneven skin tone
Certain natural remedies can aid in reducing uneven skin tone, let us have a look:
- Aloe Vera & Coffee Mask: It is a wonder component that soothes your skin. Aloin-rich aloe Vera assists in evening out pigmentation. The caffeine in coffee also assists in reducing dullness and aids even skin. A simple DIY can be made at home – mix 2 teaspoons of freshly extracted aloe Vera gel with 3 teaspoons of coffee powder. Apply it on the skin and leave it for 15 minutes before you rinse it off.
- Tomato & Avocado Mask: Tomato is said to be rich in the pigment lycopene. This pigment helps in fighting against the cell damage caused by free radicals and also helps promote even skin. Avocados are rich in essential fatty acids that help nourish the skin. Make a simple paste by mixing these two ingredients and apply it to your skin to get a natural glow.
- Orange Peel Powder: This Vitamin C enriched citrus fruit is said to have beneficial antioxidant properties that discoloration at bay. You can make a simple DIY with 2 tbsp of orange peel powder, 1 tbsp of Multani mitti, and 1 tsp of rose water. Mix it to get a paste, apply it for 20 minutes and then wash it off after 20 minutes. This mask provides deep nourishment to the skin and also helps in getting rid of whiteheads and blackheads.
- Turmeric & Rosehip Carrier oil: Turmeric contains antioxidant properties which helps in soothing and to even out our skin tone. To make a turmeric mask, you can add Vitamin C enriched cold- pressed rosehip seed oil, make a smooth paste and apply it on for 15 minutes. Let it dry and then rinse off.
- Sandalwood & Rosewater: Sandalwood helps in promoting even skin tone and rosewater provides much-needed hydration and refreshment to the skin. Make a paste of these two – apply it evenly on your face and leave it for 15 minutes before you rinse it off.
- Papaya Pack: Papaya is enriched with vitamin A and C and also contains an enzyme called Papain. It actively helps in the regeneration of new cells with its exfoliating properties. Make a simple DIY with 2 Tbsp of Papaya Paste and 1 tsp of rose water. Apply it as a face mask and rinse off once it is dry.
Other factors to keep in mind
To achieve healthy and brighter skin, it is also imperative to make some lifestyle changes such as -
- Follow a healthy diet: A good diet always aids in the overall skins’ health. Healthy food habits help keep skin soft, supple & youthful..
- Pick the right skincare products: Understand your skin type and the care it needs. And accordingly invest in products that will be suitable for you.
- Hydrate your body: Make sure to always have an adequate amount of water throughout the day. It helps to restore a healthy glow to your skin and keeps it soft and supple.
- Proper sleep cycle: Our skin tends to repair itself while we are asleep. Adequate amount of sleep directly impacts the health of our skin.
Tips to prevent uneven skin tone
Here are a few tips that you can follow to achieve clear skin:
- Avoid over-exfoliation: We recommend exfoliating your skin once or twice a week to buff away the dead skin cells.
- Follow a CTM routine consistently - A basic 3- step routine that is cleansing, toning and moisturizing helps to keep our skins’ health in check. It provides the necessary moisturization and protection that our skin needs.
- Sunscreen- It helps us to protect our skin from UV rays. Therefore, if you skip sunscreen, your skin gets exposed to these rays. This can result in premature ageing and dull skin. Hence, sunscreen is an important part of your skincare regime to prevent such UV damage.
Juicy Chemistry Products that help in reducing uneven skin tone
Using the right skincare products can make a big difference to the quality of your skin, have a look:
- Cleanser: pick a cleanser as per your skin type and concerns. Our organically certified cleanser helps to gently cleanse and nourish the skin. The organic ingredients help in promoting healthy & even skin tone.
Scrub: You can try our rejuvenating scrub which helps in exfoliation and getting rid of dead skin cells and promote better absorption of other skincare products.
Toner: Toners help balance the pH of the skin. They also help instantly refresh the skin and give a boost of hydration. Based on your skin type, try one of these toners
Facial Oil: This facial oil is enriched with vital nutrients and antioxidants. Kakadu Plum is said to be one of the richest sources of Vitamin C which is beneficial for the overall skin’s health. It also promotes even skin tone.
Mask: This Vitamin C enriched face mask is a good addition to your skincare regime. It helps in providing rejuvenation and reduces pigmentation.
Sunscreen : Excessive sun exposure not only leads to dull skin but can also lead to pigmentation and early signs of aging. Adding sunscreen to the routine helps protect the skin against UV damage and restore an even skin tone.