How to store your pure hydrosols
Organic hydrosols are fragile and subject to rapid degradation than their essential oil counterparts due to lower concentration of antibacterial properties. That's why properly storing your pure floral waters is very crucial.
Here are few guidelines you must take care of -
• store your bottles in a dark cool place away from any source of light. Repeated exposure to sunlight or UV rays are especially damaging to hydrosols
• always keep your hydrosols in amber/cobalt glass bottles as they effectively block out damaging sunlight
• do not keep partially full bottles. The empty space in the bottle also called the headspace accelerates oxidizing of the hydrosols which can harm the aromatic and therapeutic constituents of the waters. In order enhance the shelf life of such pure waters, transfer them to smaller bottles
• ensure that the bottle caps are aptly tight. It's imperative to make sure that the caps are not too tight or loose as it may allow oxygen in
• keep them in a cool dry place. You may refrigerate the hydrosols but do not put them in the freezer.
• do not allow unsterilized objects to come in touch with your bottle nozzle such as your fingers or cotton balls ensuring the integrity of your hydrosols remain intact
• always keep a track of the manufacturing date and expected shelf life of the hydrosols
• lastly, always use your hydrosols as fresh as possible.
We hope these tips help you get maximum benefit from our organic hydrosols.