Benefits of Rose Water on Face: Ways to Use Rose Water for Glowing Skin
Rose water is probably one skincare product that needs no introduction! We all have witnessed our grandmothers and mothers using it as is for their face and even mixing it with other ingredients for their favorite DIY masks and scrubs to reap the wondrous benefits of rose water. In fact, it is safe to say that rose water is one of the first few skin care products that we all began our skin care journey with.
But, what makes rose water so special?
Secret to Cleopatra’s beautiful skin, Rose water makes a perfect facial mist to tone, replenish and nourish the skin. Rich in terpenes, glycosides, flavonoids, and anthocyanins, it is known to naturally support cell regeneration, maintain skin's suppleness, balance sebum production and improve skin’s texture. The antioxidants in rose water help protect the skin against damage and it’s anti - inflammatory properties help calm and soothe irritated skin.
What are the benefits of Rose Water on Face?
There are a myriad of benefits that one can reap by the use of rose water on face and body. Here, we have listed some of them -
- Helps soothe skin inflammation - owing to its anti - inflammatory properties, rose water helps reduce inflammation, soothe itchy and irritated skin. It can also help provide relief from skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
- Helps reduce puffiness - if you tend to often wake up with puffiness on your face, especially eyes, spritz some rose water regularly for a few weeks and it will work its magic by reducing the puffiness.
- Antibacterial and antiseptic properties - rose water possesses natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help keep skin irritations and acne at bay.
- Helps reduce redness - if you are someone with sensitive skin, rose water is undoubtedly your best friend. It helps in immediately calming down the skin and reduces redness due to reactions or sun damage.
- Ph balance - rose water helps balance skin’s ideal pH level and helps avoid skin rashes and acne.
- Hydrates and refreshes the skin - rose water is great to instantly refresh your skin and also enables the moisturiser to absorb well.
- Anti - ageing properties - owing to its rich antioxidant content, rose water helps slow down the process of ageing of skin.
- Acts as a hair mist / tonic - rose water helps regulate the scalp while restoring the natural shine of the strands. It also conditions and moisturizes the scalp.
If you happen to notice losing hair more than usual, we recommend consulting a doctor to understand its cause and treat it accordingly.
What are Rose Water uses?
Hair loss can be triggered by a variety of reasons, here are some of them -
- Use of Rose Water on face - use it post cleansing twice a day. You may also use it in between to instantly refresh and calm your skin. Rose water can also be used to remove everyday makeup.
- Use of Rose Water on Eyes - close your eyes and spritz some rose water directly. It will help relax the muscles and take away all the tiredness.
- Use of Rose Water on Hair - rose water can be used to refresh and rejuvenate the scalp. Just spritz it directly onto the scalp and gently massage it in. Follow up with your favourite hair oil.
- Use of Rose Water on the body - directly spritz it onto your hands and legs to instantly refresh the skin.
- Use of Rose Water for face masks and scrubs - rose water is a great medium to activate our powder masks / scrubs and make a smooth paste.
For usage directions, you can also check our demo video here!How to choose the right Rose Water?
The purest Rose water is extracted using steam distillation of rose petals with nothing added or taken away from the product. Here’s a checklist one can follow before picking the best rose water for yourself -
- Check the method of extraction. Steam distilled rose water is known to retain its nutrient profile post extraction.
- Look for certification - check if the label reads Certified Organic or Certified Natural.
- If it is certified, check if it is certified from a credible organization or not.
- Read the ingredients list and if it has only scientific names of either rose species mentioned then its an undiluted pure floral water.
- Check for country of origin.
Our rose water is sourced from the heaven of roses, Bulgaria! Our rose water is purely made with organically grown Damask Roses. Our Rose Hydrosol tones the skin and helps maintain the skin's pH balance. It also helps to restore the youthfulness and suppleness of your skin. Coupled with Damask Rose, this water also helps control excess oil secretion and is clinically proven to improve skin's brightness by 132% and promote a more even-toned skin by 18%*.
*Results based on Dermatologically Study of 35 subjects for 28 days of usage.
What makes our rose water special is that the farmers handpick the roses before the sunrise when the dew is still on the petals. They use the centuries old, trusted steam distillation process to create the truest form of rose water. The water is distilled only once to ensure the delicate oil drops remain in water.
The beauty of this product is that it's not only formulated with the best quality roses, but is also certified organic.
Have a look at our Bulgarian Rose Water here!
What else you need to know about Bulgarian Rose Water?
Is it suitable for all skin types?
Yes, rose water suits all skin types be it oily, combination, dry or acne prone.
Can it be used if skin is sensitive?
Yes. However, a patch test is always recommended.
Is it okay if it gets into the eyes?
Yes, it is okay if it gets into the eyes. However if any irritation occurs, rinse the eyes immediately.
Can it be used on babies?
Yes. However, a patch test is always recommended.
What is the shelf life?
The tested shelf life of our rose water is 6 months from opening and 12 months from manufacturing. However, we recommend using it as fresh as possible.
Can it be stored in the refrigerator?
You can store our rose water in a cool dry place or even refrigerator. But, DO NOT keep it in the freezer. To know more about how to store rose water, click here.
Refresh, replenish and rejuvenate your skin with our exquisite Bulgarian Rose Water and mist away all your skincare worries.