You must have heard about the importance of following a CTM routine every day. The T in CTM stands for a toner a crucial part of everyday skincare routine. Whether you have dry skin, oily skin or a combination of both, an organic toner can work wonders for your skin.
What Does a Skin Toner Do?
A tone is a quick-absorbing, water-based tonic made with hydrosols and botanical extracts. There are multiple benefits of using a skin toner in your routine:
A toner helps improve moisture levels in the skin by replenishing the moisture lost during cleansing.
Some cleansers tend to disrupt your skin’s natural pH levels. Using a toner afterwards fixes this problem since they balance skin's pH levels.
Many toners help soothe irritated, acne-prone skin as they are made from natural ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties.
Some toners have astringent properties and are thus a great choice if you have acne-prone skin. So, they can tighten your pores, minimise their appearance and even control sebum production with regular use.
Refreshes Your Mood:
Organic toners have pleasant aromas which help refresh and uplift your mood.
When To Use a Skin Toner?
Toners can balance your skin after cleansing and help prep your skin for serum and moisturiser. So it is used right after cleansing your skin before proceeding with other skincare products. But you can also use them as a face mist any time during the day to instantly refresh and rehydrate your skin.
You may also use toners to activate face scrubs and masks. And if the toner has soothing and astringent properties, it can be used post-shaving or waxing to reduce redness and irritation and help prevent ingrown hair.
Importance Of an Organic Skin Toner
While there are many types of toners available, a lot of them tend to dry out the skin. They are made with drying alcohols, artificial colours and fragrances that tend to increase skin irritation. So organic toners are your best bet to maintain healthy skin.
They are made from pure steam-distilled hydrosols made from botanical ingredients cultivated through organic farming. They are free of harmful preservatives, pesticide residues and other additives that can harm your skin.
These are perfect to refresh, balance, hydrate, and soothe your skin. Even people with the most sensitive skin types can use organic toners safely in their routine as they are gentle and soothing. Plus, the natural floral and herbal aromas derived from steam-distilled hydrosols can instantly calm and soothe your mind as well.
How To Use an Organic Skin Toner
Toners are suitable for daily use and can be used multiple times during the day as needed. The best time to use it is on freshly cleansed skin twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.
- Step 1: Start by cleansing your skin with a gentle face cleanser and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Step 2: Hold the toner bottle a few inches away from your face, close your eyes and spritz it all over your face and neck. Gently pat the product to help its absorption. Alternatively, you can soak a cotton pad with the toner and wipe it all over the face to remove
- Step 3: While your skin is still damp from the toner, apply a serum and follow it up with moisturiser and sunscreen.
Top Juicy Chemistry Organic Skin Toners
- Bulgarian Rose Water: A nourishing hydrosol that is clinically proven to improve skin brightness by 132% and promote even skin tone by 18%.
- Lavender Hydrosol: A soothing toner with anti-inflammatory properties that calms sensitive, acne-prone skin and helps fight signs of ageing.
- Aloe Vera Hydrosol: A soothing and hydrating hydrosol rich in polysaccharides and vitamins that hydrates and calms skin.
- Australian Tea Tree And Basil Hydrosol: An antibacterial toner with soothing properties that help reduce excess sebum and breakouts and calms active acne.
Aloe Vera Juice: A multipurpose toner made with 99.5% aloe vera juice that helps soothe, hydrate and nourish the skin while supporting cell regeneration.
Al JC toners are certified organic by Ecocert France as per COSMOS V3 standards.
Organic toners are a wonderful addition to everyone’s skincare routine. If you want soft, hydrated and calm skin, add one of our organic toners to your routine right away.
Can you use toner on the scalp?
Yes, toners can be used on your scalp as well to find relief from the itchy, irritated scalp.
Can toner be used by teenagers?
Yes, our organic toners are suitable for all ages.
Do toners clog pores?
No, toners are water-based and thus non-comedogenic and will not clog pores.