All about our Hydrosols
Mist on some freshness into your skincare routine with our organic hydrosols! In case hydrosols and facial mists are still an alien term to you, let us help you understand what they really are. Read on!
Our facial mists a.k.a. the hydrosols are essentially floral waters. Our waters are obtained from fresh leaves and blooms of the plants by direct steam distillation and are not just a by-product that has remained after the production of essential oils. Due to the substantial amounts of essential oil they contain, our flower waters retain the very essence of the plant.
Whether your skin is oily, sensitive, combination, dry, or acne-prone, we have a facial mist for you!
What is the use of Facial Mist?
Owing to their potent astringent properties, our floral waters or hydrosols act as a natural toner. They help cleanse and refine pores as well as enhance the firmness of skin over time. Therefore, a facial mist is the second step in your skincare routine i.e., after cleanser. They also prep your skin and help with better absorption of facial oils.
How to pick a Facial Mist for your skin type?
Here’s a quick guide on how to pick a hydrosol for your skin type from our range of waters -
Concern: To Soothe and Calm Skin Inflammation
Often due to change in weather, stress, or lifestyle and bodily changes, our skin takes the impact too. Especially if your skin is particularly sensitive. While you must try to understand the cause that has led to skin irritations and consult a dermatologist if need be, here are our facial mists that you can give a shot to soothe and calm the skin -
Aloe Vera Water – A spritz of this rejuvenating facial toner will not only tighten your skin but also keep skin inflammation and sun damage at bay!
Lavender toning mist – Spritz some life into your dry sensitive skin with this ultra-hydrating and soothing facial mist.
Concern: Instant Doze of Freshness and Hydration
We all love a little pick-me-up moment and so does our skin! Our facial mists provide the perfect dose of freshness and hydration when the skin is dull and tired. It may be due to a hectic work schedule or improper sleep patterns, a spritz of refreshing mists instantly picks you up. For a kick of hydration, opt for mists that contain occlusive and emollients properties.
Bulgarian Rose Water
– it is a great choice for people with combination to oily skin. Rosewater really helps balance sebum production and, at the same time, hydrates your skin!
Lavender Water – it is a perfect match for those with dry and sensitive skin
Green Apple Water – it is the perfect choice for adding glow. Rich in vitamin C, this mist is toning, hydrating, and boosts collagen production. It’s suitable for all skin types.
Concern: To Control Oil and Breakouts
With summer fast-approaching, oily skin folks must be looking for a mist that helps balance sebum. Bulgarian Rose Water is the right choice for you to add a boost of goodness to your skin. It’s nourishing, moisturizing and not greasy at all. What’s more, the mist helps keep your excess oil production in check too!
In case your skin is acne-prone, try our Australian Tea Tree and Basil water. Tea Tree hydrosol with antiseptic Basil prevents acne while tightening and rejuvenating your skin.
Concern: Fight Pigmentation and Discoloration
If you have been struggling with stubborn pigmentation or blemishes, then Helichrysum and Vetiver water is the perfect choice for you. Most sought after and rare Helichrysum, rejuvenates and lightens skin, while Vetiver helps to naturally remove scars.
Concern: To Boost Absorption of Products
As we mentioned, mists prepare your skin for the next steps of your skincare routine. They make your skin soft and supple that helps moisturizers and oils to absorb better and faster. It also helps with the smooth application of makeup without any dry patches showing up. You can try any of the waters as per your skin type for this concern!
How to Use a Face Mist?
Close your eyes and spray directly on to your face, keeping the bottle a few inches away from the face, to hydrate and refresh your skin.
Spray on to a cotton swab and gently use for cleansing.
What Makes Our Mists Unique?
At Juicy Chemistry, we source the best of the best ingredients that are handpicked from across the globe to make sure your skin is getting all the goodness it deserves! Our hydrosols are made from freshest ingredients and are produced through the steam distillation method. Our face mists are packaged in a blue glass bottle to protect the delicate nature of our ingredients. Be sure to store the mist in a cool dry place. You can even put them in the refrigerator. Since they’re preservative-free, use the mists within 6 months of purchase.
How to Store Our Pure Hydrosols?
Organic hydrosols are fragile and subject to rapid degradation than their essential oil counterparts due to the lower concentrations of anti-bacterial properties. That's why properly storing your pure floral waters is very crucial.
Here are a few guidelines you must take care of –
- Store your bottles in a dark cool place away from any source of light. Repeated exposure to sunlight or UV rays is especially damaging to hydrosols.
- Always keep your hydrosols in amber/cobalt glass bottles as they effectively block out damaging sunlight.
- Do not keep partially full bottles. The empty space in the bottle also called the headspace accelerates the oxidizing of the hydrosols which can harm the aromatic and therapeutic constituents of the waters. In order to enhance the shelf life of such pure waters, transfer them to smaller bottles.
- Ensure that the bottle caps are aptly tight. It's imperative to make sure that the caps are not too tight or loose as it may allow oxygen in.
- To keep them in a cool dry place. You may refrigerate the hydrosols but do not put them in the freezer.
- Do not allow unsterilized objects to come in touch with your bottle nozzles such as your fingers or cotton balls ensuring the integrity of your hydrosols remains intact.
- Always keep a track of the manufacturing date and expected shelf life of the hydrosols.
- Lastly, always use your hydrosols as fresh as possible.
We hope these tips help you get the maximum benefit from our organic hydrosols.